Skimlinks Test 7

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Simple Berry Sauce


Berry Sauce is really one of those things that is so easy to make and can be used for so many things!  Recently, I have been using it in place of syrup for my pancakes and as fruit "jam" stirred into my plain yogurt!  It naturally sweetens the yogurt without the use of high fructose corn syrup or artificial sweeteners.  Plus, it easily gets fruit into my diet without much effort!

Super sweet and simply delicious!

Berry Sauce

2 cups frozen or fresh berry mix (I like Kirkland Organic Triple Berry Blend)
3 Tbsp. honey (optional)

Place berries and honey in small saucepan.  Bring to a low boil, lower temperature, and let simmer for 5 minutes or until berries have softened.
Place berries in blender and puree until smooth. 

Serve warm or let cool before placing in refrigerator. 


2 comments:

  1. I decided to try your very quick and simple recipe as using honey and berries really appealed to me. I knew that honey had several health benefits and is thought to be beneficial to the hear,t so using it with my berry mix that consisted of blueberries, raspberries and strawberries, I made a very healthy sauce. Tasted lovely too!

    Faith Thomas @ The Berry Farm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed this recipe! It's one of my favorites...especially for dipping pancakes!

      Delete

Share some love and comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...